On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM, James Turner <zakal...@mac.com> wrote:

> This is a straight bug, I'll look into it. If you are sitting at KLAX
> 7L, it's supposed to load up that airport and runway automatically.

Ok, thanks for looking into it.  As you suggest, filtering out heliports and
seaports by default might be worth considering.

> I suspect the HUD functionality is confused, I was unaware it even
> existed, again I'll take a look tonight.

What the original route manager did was constantly compute the heading to
the next waypoint and dump that value into
/autopilot/settings/true-heading-deg

Then the autopilot could be activated in true-heading-follow mode and you
would fly right to the destination.

I just did a cvs update and I see a number of fixes, but I'm still confused
about how to make the autopilot follow what the new route manager is doing?

I opened up the gps dialog box and checked "NAV Slave", but when I put the
autopilot into NAV1 CDI Course follow mode, it flew a heading of 40 degrees
where the proper heading would be closer to 274.

Is there still a missing connection in the code, or is the missing
connection in my head? :-)

Thanks,

Curt.
--