Hi Erik (sorry Erik ;))
Bit of background : I used to use Vivian setup when I first starting
building my own exe a while back (OpenAL SDK 1.1 + freealut 1.0.1) and sound
worked. I switched to Fredb's third party libs a few months back, sound
worked.

Now, I can build a working exe with my old/Vivian's setup, but get no
working sound (and no errors) but I do have the crash on exit. I believe
it's because we're trying to release the alcDevice and alcContext a second
time by calling AlutExit., after doing it manually in the stop method of the
soundmanager.

Anyone has sound on Vista64, with VC9, with latest CVS and OpenAL SDK 1.1 +
freealut 1.0.1 ?
Before anyone mentions hardware problems, I only have a generic software
device since Vista never had support for hardware 3d positional audio in
hardware through DirectSound, it was dropped before release. There never was
generic hardware positional audio support in Vista.

So only the "Generic Software" device available to OpenAL, thus cannot be
that my default device is a malfunctioning hw wrapper (we pass null to the
device selection code, so we get the default one, whatever it is)

And OpenAL works fine here, many other apps using the exact same dll, so I'm
at a bit of a loss at the moment to root that one out.

Will look further into it as time permits, but would love to hear if anyone
has to this setup working under Vista64, especially as it use to work (yes,
I've gotten rid of AL part of the 3rd party stuff to avoid it being
referenced, to make sure the SDK is used. I've triple checked everything)

Cheers, and thanks again Erik for working on the sound system.
Nic

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Geoff McLane <ubu...@geoffair.info> wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 15:49 +0200, Erik Hofman wrote:
> > Geoff McLane wrote:
> > > I hope this makes it into CVS sometime soon...
> >
> > Was his soon enough? ;-)
> >
> > Erik
>
> So slick and quick... thanks...
>
> Geoff.

Be Kind.
Remember, everyone is fighting a hard battle.