Hi Alex,

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 03:19:59 am Alex Romosan wrote:
> while flying out of jfk today i noticed once again multiple instances of
> a given ai aircraft. looking at the properties tree i noticed that there
> were multiple aircraft with the same call sign. after a bit of detective
> work i noticed that the number of aircrafts corresponds to the number of
> entries for that given aircraft in AI/Traffic. For example Delta0080 is
> listed 7 times departing from jfk, once for each day of the week, and
> that's how many aircraft were drawn on the screen.

Your detective work is correct. The scheduler tries to assign flights to as
many aircraft as possible. In the current AI traffic demo, I've predominantly
specified flights to and from EHAM. In case of Aircraft based at JFK, this
does indeed mean that the first aircraft is assigned today's return flight to
EHAM, the second aircraft tomorrow's, etc etc. until all flights are assigned.

> which basically creates the AI model only if the departure time is 30
> mins or less from now. i don't know if this is the correct solution, but
> i believe the reason we see multiple instances of a given AI aircraft is
> because we draw a new plane for each entry in the schedule. hope this
> helps.

The most "proper" way to fix this would be to define more flights, so that
delta airlines would also fly to other destinations, which would significantly
reduce the number of duplicate flight numbers. But, admittedly, that is a lot
of work...

Just out of curiosity, is there a specific problem that you try to address?
I.e. a problem with multiple aircraft of the same call sign in the property
tree, or multiple AI aircraft with similar call signs, showing up on the
radar? One thing that I noticed a while ago is that all the inactive flights
are still showing up on the radar. To prevent this, we should probably
deactivate the transponder of these inactive aircraft. I'm not too familiar
with the internal workings of the radar, but I don't think that that should be
too hard.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Cheers,
Durk