On 14 Dec 2009, at 11:11, Stuart Buchanan wrote:

> I'd appreciate feedback, even if it is only to agree with the wording of the
> statement, to ensure that we have buy-in for this.
>

> FlightGear is a open-source flight simulator that was started in 2006. It is
> released under
> the GNU General Public License v2, and as such, it is free to use, modify and
> develop with few restrictions. It has been
> developed with the collaboration of a huge number of individuals over the
> internet over the last 12 years. FlightGear can
> be downloaded for free from http:// www.flightgear.org.

Err, 2006 .... 1996? ... 2006 + 12  != 2009 :)

Aside from that, looks good to me, especially in terms of not being libellous
towards FPS, and clarifying the GPL right-to-charge-for-distribution issue.
Several people from outside FG have referred to 'freeware' in the MSFS sense,
and obviously have no clue about this whole 'open-source' thing. Mind you, you
could make yourself very tired explaining that point in the flight-simming
world :D

James