I think if we are deigning to say "Investigation by a number of the FlightGear
developers has found no difference between this and the FlightGear v1.9.1
release other than a change of name."; then I also think that after "Under the
GNU GPL v2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html), this is legal, provided
that they distribute the
source code (or make it available)," it's fair to mention something along the
lines of "Our developers and users have not conclusively determined whether or
not the offer from FlightSimPro is indeed in compliance with these terms."

I believe that statement sticks to the facts while expressing our stance of
skepticism.

Cheers,
-R. (MD-Terp)

 Robert M. Shearman, Jr.
Transit Operations Supervisor,
University of Maryland Department of Transportation
also known as rm...@umd.edu

________________________________
FlightGear Flight Pro Sim Statement:

As many people will be aware, there is a new flight simulator product that is
being heavily marketed at the moment - Flight Pro Sim.
As it is very heavily based on FlightGear, there is some confusion between the
two. To help provide some clarity, and answer some
common questions, we (the core FlightGear development team) felt it was
appropriate to make a statement, and provide a FAQ.

FlightGear is a open-source flight simulator that was started in 2006. It is
released under
the GNU General Public License v2, and as such, it is free to use, modify and
develop with few restrictions. It has been
developed with the collaboration of a huge number of individuals over the
internet over the last 12 years. FlightGear can
be downloaded for free from http:// www.flightgear.org.

Flight Pro Sim is a commercial product very heavily based on FlightGear.
Investigation by a number of the FlightGear developers has
found no difference between this and the FlightGear v1.9.1 release other than a
change of name. Flight Pro Sim
is in no way endorsed or supported by the core FlightGear development team.

Given the extreme similarities between Flight Pro Sim and FlightGear, we would
recommend that prospective buyers download
FlightGear for free and satisfy themselves that Flight Pro Sim provides
worthwhile value for money before purchasing it.

FAQ:

Q: What is the difference between FlightGear and Flight Pro Sim?