>>just a "quick" fix like this can break an aircraft if it was "tweaked" to
fly correctly with this bug.
Okay... but if a model is tweaked this way, that would mean that the
tweaking only is active when the yoke is pulled back... so there couldn't
be a correct level-flight, which is a more important situation, I guess.

>> I tried a quick flight in the L-1049 after doing this change and
 >> it would barely take off...
This is probably true for other aircraft (didn't test it), but I think your
experience here is a Lockheed1049-specific problem. The MAP is only 48inHg
at full throttle when it should be about 56 (the Gauges don't even cover
that value).
When you change "RatedBoost1" from 8 to 14, you get more realistic
indications and lift off 25% earlier. Also make sure to set propeller pitch
to max rpm.
I did some comparison and found that the original version reaches take-off
speed only 3 seconds earlier than the fixed version, even with the yoke
pulled back during acceleration.

But I'd recommend Buckaroo's SuperConstellation anyway, I just took this
example because it is in CVS.
(BTW: the autopilot.xml is broken as well- lines 148 to 150 need to be
commented out.)

>> So each aircraft at a minimum needs a flight test and possibly some
tuning for the fix.
Sure! And of course I wasn't complaining - I thank you all very much for
your work!
If there is something I can do, tell me! I could do little test reports for
the fixed models. But who will do the bug fixes, the author of the
respective aircraft or some kind of CVS supervisor?

                                                Andreas