Hi James,

The nav radio does not work in magnetic headings.  It works in which ever
alignment the station was setup in.  In the 60's when GEP was installed, it
was aligned with magnetic north at that time.  In the subsequent years, the
actual magnetic north has shifted several degrees, but the FAA does not go
in and adjust the orientation of the station radials every few months.  This
would cause all kinds of cascading changes with radials, victor highways,
intersection points, etc.  Instead, they just leave it where it is.  So it's
key to align the vor station with the defined offset, not the current
magnetic offset ...

Regards,

Curt.

Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/