Hi All
Also another thing I ran into the other day is in a 3D cockpit
with layer type glass screens the screens hide 3d objects although
the 3d object is actually between the screen and you.In this case I
am given to understand from Syd Adams that a alpha channel has to
be added to the texture for the 3d object to get it to show in the correct
order.With 3d cockpits being flavor of the month more people will run
across this problem.

Cheers
Innis

> Hello,
>

> > This is a very unfortunate side effect when the cloud
> > depth-sorting was
> > introduced. I didn't notice it when I committed that patch
> > at the time.
> >
> > Erik
> >

> A workaround (but needed) is to delete the unneeded alphachannel of those
> buildings. That won't fix all problems (like the waves of the ships which
> needs alpha channel to work), but would also speed up FGFS for some users!
>
> >From the wiki, updated by Tim Moore: "Don't assign an RGBA texture to a
> >model that is completely opaque!"
>  http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/Howto:_Improve_Framerates
>
> Regards
> Heiko

Browse profiles for FREE! Meet local singles online.
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/