On Monday 12 April 2010 04:19:55 am Pete Morgan wrote:
> DO NOT WAKE up the webmaster and BFDL.
>
> One release A  year MUCH MORE than enough, decided upon At WILL and
> RELEASED AT WILL by ME

FYI, I am currently FlightGear's release manager. Last year, there's been an
approximate 2-3 month lead-up period for the new release, including intense
communication between approximately 5-8 people directly involved in the build
process. This resulted in 4 release candidates, and many, many last minute
bug-fixes before we finally decided that the simulator was good enough.

As much as we would like to d more frequent releases, lack of man power has
been a serious issue holding us back most of the time. Apparently, since you
are not satisfied with the procedure, I am open to your motivated suggestions
as to how the procedure can be improved. :-)

Cheers,
Durk