Frederic Bouvier

> Le 11/04/2010 11:21, Erik Hofman a écrit :
> > Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I commited changes to help users to tune their rendering quality
> >> according to their available hardware. As a picture is worth a thousand
> >> words, see :
> >> http://frbouvi.free.fr/flightsim/fgfs_quality_level.gif
> >>
> >> I encourage effect designers to use this new
> >> /sim/rendering/quality-level property to allow users to have a better
> >> experience with new enhancements in flightgear
> >>
> > You know, so much has happened the last few weeks that made me wonder if
> >   it might be a good idea to schedule the release FlightGear 2.1 within
> > a month or two?
> >

> I was reading this forum thread few minutes ago :
> http://flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7358
> and I wonder if its author, Thorsten with an 'H', already got in touch
> with someone with CVS write access for a CVS inclusion. A new fgfs
> version should have this.

I have it here, and could upload it (except the small source code patch).
Not sure that I would recommend it right now - it _looks_ like a regression.
The visual aspects are well short of our current 3d clouds, and it is hard
to use. That said, the underlying principles are very interesting, and we
should be pursuing this.

I understand action is in hand to amalgamate the best aspects of out current
3d clouds and Thorsten's clouds.

It is available for download, if you scrabble around hard enough - took me
best part of an evening to find it, and can't remember how I did it in the
end.

The trouble is Thorsten seems to develop his stuff in a vacuum - I have a
couple of queries and can't find any way of getting in touch with him.

Vivian