On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Martin Spott <martin.sp...@mgras.net> wrote:
> Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>> I'd like to build as comprehensive list as possible that shows all the
>> various professional & educational uses & users of FlightGear.
>
> Good idea - it's just that I'm slightly uncertain if all those people
> who are involved into professional use of FlightGear are permitted to
> talk about their respective projects in the public ....
>
>> Gijs has been kind enough to get a running start on this list by creating
>> the following wiki page:
>>
>> http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/Professional_and_educational_FlightGear_users
>
> I think you're basically in the process of forking this page:
>
>  http://www.flightgear.org/Projects/
>
> ....  which might serve as a measure about how well recieved
> some parts of FlightGear's 'official' web site are  ;-)

Perhaps, Curt would like to add my current simulator project using
Matlab and Flightgear. The FDM is purely built using Matlab m-file
format with pnet function to communicate with Flightgear. Google Earth
is also used to show the position of the aircraft on the map.

The project is about learning building an FDM using wind tunnel data,
developing the stability augmentation system and auto-pilot.

Some youtube videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAodWcG6ddc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBF1xeFzrUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm92DIfVieM