Just a general FYI, installing the nvidia driver is not really that
hard in fedora, you just need to know how to do it:
1) Install the rpmfusion repos (rpmfusion.org contains instructions)
2) Run yum install kmod-nvidia -- this will install the driver
3) Edit /etc/grub.conf (as root), adding "nomodeset" to every line
starting with kernel
4) Reboot

Done!

Stefan