On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 1:45 PM,  <fiers...@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Many modern computers are running multicore CPU's. I have noticed that
> FGFS only uses one thread in one core. And FGFS appears to be processor
> bound on my Core-I7, because the one core thread is 100% busy while my
> FPS are dropping in areas with a lot of scenery details (like Paris, for
> instance) and lots of rendering goodies switched on.

I find it hard to believe that you have performance problems with a
core i7, assuming you got a halfway decent graphics card to go with
it.

FG itself isn't CPU limited, we barely use any processing power :) As
such, parallelizing FG subsystems, while a good thing in theory and
certainly for the future, wouldn't help much in your case.
What you are seeing must be graphics related - you even say so
yourself. Have you tried the menu option for the on-screen OSG stats
to see what is taking long?

Also note that if you don't run with an FPS limit (either in FG or the
sync to vblank option in your graphics driver) we will use all
available power to push out frames as fast as possible.

--
Csaba/Jester