On Tuesday 06 July 2010 16:15:36 Martin Spott wrote:

> Even though a 2.8 GHz Socket 940 Opteron is by far not state of the art
> in these days, I think this scenario is a sufficient proof that the
> statement "FG itself isn't CPU limited" doesn't hold.

As are the 100%. If the application is bound by the graphics card's
performance, the CPU cannot reach 100% utilization, since it would wait for
the graphics card to finish drawing. 100% CPU load show, that the graphics
card can execute drawing instructions faster than the CPU can generate them.
Thus the application is CPU limited.

Stefan