I am not sure if this is my issue or not, but I appear to be having
troubles since this push.

I pulled a fresh simgear and flightgear from gitorious this morning,
compiled and installed. I verified that this simgear was the only one
on the system.

Result:
dante:~/Desktop/Source_Code/Flightgear/flightgear$ fgfs
Cannot find specified aircraft: c172p
Config option parsing failed ...

Environment vars:
FG_HOME=/home/lance/Desktop/Source_Code/Flightgear
FG_ROOT=/home/lance/Desktop/Source_Code/Flightgear/fgdata
FG_SCENERY=/home/lance/.fgfs/Scenery:/home/lance/Desktop/Source_Code/Flightgear/Scenery/

The c172p directory (and all others) are in ${FG_ROOT}/Aircraft/

It doesn't matter what options I use to fgfs, it dies in exactly the
same way every time.

Cheers,
lance

On 17/07/10 07:46 AM, James Turner wrote:
> I've pushed some changes to the aircraft search code, including the
--show-aircraft option. We're no longer using PLIB ulDir to traverse
directory structures (a couple more steps on the road to kill off PLIB),
and aircraft searching is a unified code path - previously the actual
--aircraft option and --show-aircraft used unrelated code paths.

> You will need an up-to-date SimGear (which includes the new
simgear::Dir helper), and please let me know if you see any problems
with aircraft -set loading; they're going to be apparent very quickly,
since locating the -set.xml file happens really early in the startup
process.

> James

- --
Lance Levsen,