Hi Everybody,
I recently was on Multiplayer, flying with a friend, minding my own business, when another pilot asked a general newbie question: "Where can I find the Nimitz?". In only good intent, I replied: "Look around the Golden Gate Bridge, you'll find it eventually." The pilot then proceeded to criticize my short answer(typing long detailed replies isn't easy when you're trying to land on a carrier), and soon began insulting me, using foul, profane language, and finally proceeded to threaten to come to my house and kill me and my family.(I'm 68 and I even learned some things!) I honestly don't know what his motivation to say such hurtful things was(maybe he was fed up of not getting the perfect answer he was looking for), but I realized from this that multiplayer is in bad need of some sort of general administration. This is not the first 'negative' encounter that I have had with other pilots, and I have seen other innocent pilots verbally abused. I have an idea for how an account system could be rigged for multiplayer:

We could make a mysql database (to store usernames and passwords securely), then we'd simply implement a php script on all the mp servers that would check for the submission of a username/password, and it would scan the database for matches. When it finds a match, it would allow you to connect to the server. Username/Password could be implemented into fgrun.

And for command line users it could look something like this:

--username=jack
--password=123abc

We could then only allow one account per IP address(perfectly possible, the forum software we're using right now has an option for that!), and when a user acts up, they're account could be suspended accordingly based on the magnitude of their offense. For moderators, a group of respected and trusted users could be elected, or a report system could be rigged, and logs of mp chats could be stored for later reference.

This is merely my two cents. I'd really like to get some feedback to see what everybody else thinks about this, especially from the server maintainers. I've introduced my idea to the forums, and mostly gotten positive feedback. I have gotten some negative responses concerning this, but most with weak arguments such as "Just ignore them" or "They'll go away if you don't respond". I am not so much concerned for my own sake, but for the sake of that 11 year old boy that flies online and has yet been exposed to profanity, foul language, sex content, and threats such as one killing your family. Please, share your thoughts, this is a very real issue and I'd like to know what you think!

                Check Six,
                                Jack