Hi,

> Right, that is related to the problem. Depending on
> configuration the
> GPWS relies on a specific altitude source which is only
> available for
> YASim right now.
> You could switch the "<category-8>" parameter to 3
> (instead of 2) -
> and the GPWS will work with JSBSim and other FDMs.

Yep, does work again...

> However,
> please
> wait before pushing any ac changes, since this solution
> isn't good
> enough.
> The point here is that the GPWS needs a pretty accurate
> altimeter
> source for main-gear-above-ground-level, otherwise the
> important final
> callouts ....20.....10 make no sense. Since there is no
> such FDM
> source (except for YASim) we'll need to hook it to the
> radio altimeter
> instrument - which isn't available as a GPWS default source
> yet.

As this is a pretty accurate emulation of the real thing (or maybe it is even
the real thing.. ;-)), how it gets its datas in real life? What is the source
in reallife?

> And to reiterate: everyone, please report if you notice
> something
> wasn't working. Just add something to the tracker. Yes,
> reports there
> are monitored and bugs fixed (eventually) - even if some
> issues cannot
> be fixed on the same day :).

We had this now several times now here on the list.
My thought about this is before I report a bug to the bug-tracker, I want to
know first if the bug isn't sitting in front of the pc.;-)

Heiko