Gene Buckle wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2010, Anders Gidenstam wrote:

>> However, the data or derived works based on the data cannot be included in
>> the FlightGear distribution since such conditions are not compatible with
>> the GPL.
>>
> ...which doesn't prevent the FlightGear website from pointing folks (in a
> very obvious manner) to where they can obtain the non-GPL packages.

Well, everyone's free to create their own stuff and to put it onto
their private websites.  Obviously.  Nevertheless, in the spirit of a
project which has a long-standing tradition of being cordial with the
GPL, I'd rather encourage people to collect or create compilant data
for creating a seamless World Scenery instead of advertizing a
patchwork rug of private efforts under incompatible licenses.

It's a little bit tedious, John Holden certainly can tell you, but it's
possible.

Cheers,
        Martin.