From: Scott Hamilton <scott.hamil...@popplanet.biz>
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Fri, 10 December, 2010 11:07:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Airport Water Clipping

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 12:27 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
Stuart Buchanan wrote: > On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Chris Wilkinson
wrote:  >> I will double check the licence attached to the data I have, but I'm
>> confident it is free to use and distribute so long as any subsequent end-use
>> is of personal or private non-profit nature. >  > Please double-check. That
second clause would mean that it is  not GPL compatible, > and can't be added
the Landcover DB.  Yup. BTW, Chris, is there a name to the source of your data
?
If you're in Australia, the source probably might already be known.  Cheers,
        Martin.

This may be a dumb question, (I've read the GPL license, but I'm certainly not
an expert in it), but is it possible that the input data is not GPL itself, but
that it could allow GPL scenery output (given that it goes through a process)?

cheers
    S.