On Dec 13, 2010, at 7:08 PM, Victhor wrote:

> The individual responsible for the page put this there:
> "1.Sponsoring a child - many kids in our world that aren't able to get
> even the basic stuff, like food, simple health care, and school."
> I never knew they were going _that_ far in dubious marketing tactics.

The individual(s) are good at their internet game in respect to advertising.  I
would guess that someone is working at this a good portion of each week to make
it happen.  From a marketing standpoint the author knows how to sound
legitimate, obviously without a conscience or morals.

See the first page results of this google search :
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=flight+pro+sim&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
At least 95% of the results are some form of theirs.  Everything from "Is it a
hoax?" to "considered one of the top flight simulators available to the public
for quite some time."

I suggested Flightgear beat him at his own game back in March -
        As much as I'd hope what you say would be true, realistically there is
not much of a downside for this guy.  Everyday people make purchases without
knowing all the facts, and for more money buying online than locally.  (Ebay
can be a good example)  From his side of it, unless someone or group is willing
to take it through the legal process, any sale he gets is free money to him.
And if someone does take to court, does anyone know what to expect for an
outcome?  Would it be more than a simple "stop order"?  If not, he's already
stolen money from unknowning customers, so he's still ahead of the game.

While I truly hope this group, or multiple groups can get together and bring
him to task for his wrongs, publication of "FlightGear.org as a BETTER
simulator, which also happens to be FREE, and by the way, that other simulator
is just a copy of ours that you have to pay for" may be the best way to be
combative.  Go on the offense, publicize the heck out of it.  Encourage users
to post more youtube videos, publish your own, make sure every website page has
the best language for the google bots to promote FlightGear.org as better, with
free being a side benefit.

And Curt got the FB page going and many people have expended effort and funds
of their own to try to combat his tactics.  But, I don't see this as a
short-term turnaround.  This may be long road to righteousness, and with help
from other sites that have already posted statements, and a continued and solid
facebook showing, FG may triumph.

The second thing to consider, is how to stop the next guy from doing the same
thing.

Peter