>> Hehe, I'm glad that I managed to catch at least one reader by putting
>> this trap into my posting  ;-)
>
> To be precise, the above wording was chosen pretty much deliberately
> and was meant to serve as a test for checking if there are still
> readers on this list being versed in applying some specific,
> 'traditional' behavioural patterns.  Ralf Gerlich convinced me to make
> my intention known ....
>
> As a conclusion I'd say the test has been functional  :-)  and it's
> been an interesting and insightful debate.

Admittedly, I have no idea what a 'traditional behavioural pattern' is
(especially when moving in an international community, I find that the
meaning of 'tradition' is very much dependent on cultural context). So I
also have no idea what it could mean to be versed in applying it.

So what are you trying to say here in plain words? Were you interested if
you would be able to start a flamewar by throwing in a provocation? Were
you interested if an implied insult would be perceived as one and by whom?
Were you interested if you could get away with provocative wording without
any comment?

In any case, it seems to me that sociological experiments are not what a
developer's discussion list is for. And in case you were wondering - it is
considered unethical in the scientific community to conduct an experiment
without the consent of the participants.

Since I am not the owner of moderator of the list, what follows is
(unfortunately) my personal request only, but I would kindly ask you to
stop using this list for any future tests of similar nature and rather
help building a pleasant working atmosphere for everyone involved to get
this other project called 'Flightgear' improved. If you are seriously
interested in sociology, I am sure there are forums and lists for that
available.

Cheers,

* Thorsten