I agree with Melchior. In the most situations they will be obliged to
say no. It's the easiest, safest, most proven course for them.

It seems rare that someone in our community is approached by a
copyright-holder and told to remove some objectionable element. Even
if it does happen, it's likely that someone will get a letter from a
law firm saying "Take-XYZ-down-or-else". You shrug, comply, and move
on.

There's a saying in English about "bearding the lion in his den". It's
probably better to stay beneath the lion's radar.

-Gary