On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:07:42 +0300, Emilian wrote in message
<201104151807.42441.emili...@gmail.com>:

> On Friday 15 April 2011 17:36:12 syd adams wrote:
> > > Syd, about the fuselage contact points: they are internally
> > > represented as a gear object, only without the compression stuff
> > > and with hardcoded values for static and dynamic friction. I think
> > > using fake gears directly would give a little better tweaking
> > > precision, wouldn't it?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Adrian
> >
> > Possibly , I think you've probably looked deeper into the code than
> > i have there . Thought I'd bring up the idea in case it hadn't been
> > tried .
> > I,ve also tried to trigger that gear up crash but haven't been able
> > too , (with my aerostar) , it does a belly landing and the crash
> > property remains unset....
> > Cheers
> >
> To trigger it you'd have to use a plane with "tall" gear struts, as
> the iar80. It will trigger the crash as you're barely touching the
> ground with the prop (it might not even touch the ground and still
> trigger it if you're not perfectly level). Even with a fake gear
> under the belly, to prevent yasim triggering the crash property, it
> needs to be set pretty low, and as such the plane seems to float
> ~1-2ft off the ground. (propeller hast enable-hot set to false)
> Take a look at this: http://ompldr.org/vOGEyaQ
> (Forgot to put the crashed property up there too :( )

..more ways to skin this cat: IRL, flying or stalling like this
into the grass, should bend metal or break wood propeller blades,
but the engine should turn another 2/3 to 2 or 3 more revolutions
plowing into the field.  At high speed, the plane might bounce off
the ground and might then be glided "out of the enemy airbase to
evade capture" by e.g. FAA or TSA ;o), simulating this would
require a gradual kind of e.g. structural damage modeling.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: