On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 11:24:32 -0500, Curtis wrote in message
<BANLkTim3mv6zJ9bmDE1XRK=x1foslzg...@mail.gmail.com>:

> Personal experience speaking here:
>
> Any time you run off to find a bug in gcc, or in a driver, or you
> think there' s a bug in the optimizer, or your operating system:
> STOP!  These are all loud and bright flashing warnings for something
> stupid in your own code.
>
> If people want to spend hours chasing after phantoms in their
> compiler or their optimizer, that's fine, some people need to learn
> the hard way for themselves, and 1 out of 1000 times, maybe there is
> a compiler bug.
>
> But your time is much better spent hunting for the problem in our own
> code. I can guarantee you 99.99% reliably that is where it's at.

..a safe bet is update to the latest gcc-4.4 and gcc-4.5, I'm
not that sure about gcc-4.6, AFAIK 4.6 is the default only for
Debian Sid+Experimental (unstable+experimental), Debian.org's
idea is find the bugs right there, and not somewhere costly.
And, we have many more eyes looking there. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: