if you just want to discard EVERYTHING back to the head version (make sure you
are on the master branch) try this: git checkout -- .
the full stop is part of the command, btw

Alessandro.

From: curtol...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:25:56 -0500
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] git

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Michael Sgier wrote:

HiI've messed up weather in fgdata. How could i discard local changes and only
get changes/original files? Git says to be up to date but weather is broken.

Later I'll do my first upload. (groundnetworks.xml etc.) I do alike the wiki
and after commit simply do a git push?
Hi Michael,

If you know the specific file(s) that need to be returned to official git head
version, then just run:
git checkout file1 file2 file3 ...
That (unceremoniously and without any confirmation) will discard your local
changes to those named files.

Curt.--
Curtis Olson:http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/

http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org