Hi Michael,

On 29 Sep 2011, at 08:44, Michael Sgier wrote:

> Durk: I've only seen some lone hangars with terrasync but no probably not all
> as they are for 850 format. As HB-GRAL stated some airports are way off in
> old 810 format, so using a custom start or tower view location from my
> groundnetworks might put you anywhere. But I've even had a dispute with
> Robin, so I've to check back 850 airport locations as soon as they're in git.

If you have committed apt.dat files, to robin peel than I think that we could
consider committing your ground networks to the terrasync repository. We
currently have already quite a few (if not most) ground networks  in the
scenery that are based on future improvement of the scenery (in anticipation of
the improved scenery generation process that Martin is putting a lot of effort
into). So, if you have contributed new apt.dat info that would be used in this
buidl process then it would be okay.  But, I suspect that your ground networks
contain parking information only? I would rather see fully developed ground
networks, that can also be used for AI purposes.

So, in the end, I would recommend that instead of committing these data to the
fgdata repository, you bundle them with your own scnery distribution instead
(i.e. you in addition to the Terrain/ and Objects/ directories, you'd provide
an additional Airports/ directory in your package. FlightGear 2.4.0 should be
able to read the parking data when you include the new scenery folder in your
path.

Cheers
Durk