Question on the new repository layout:

I would like to pull every aircraft from
https://gitorious.org/flightgear-aircraft/

Is there a way to do this in a single command or do I have to manually
identify each aircraft in the repository and manually clone it here?  If
someone adds a new aircraft to this repository, will it get automatically
fetched on my next git pull or do I have to manually check for new aircraft
and manually pull them each individually?

Thanks,

Curt.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM, George Patterson wrote:

> On 19 October 2011 19:29, Cedric Sodhi <man...@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> >  https://gitorious.org/flightgear-aircraft
>
> Last night, the discussion came up where the above page is slow to
> load, in part it's due to 1.2MB of HTML code, plus the CSS, plus the
> any images in use. Not very browser friendly. I hacked together a php
> script that will parse a locally stored version of the above page and
> display urls to the individual aircaft "projects". On irc, Zorg, Gijs
> and perhaps a few others in the #flightgear channel had a poke it and
> gave it a nod. Tonight I have improved it, and it now validates as
> XHTML 1.0 Strict.
>
> I guess, what essential information do we require from the above
> Gitorious resource page. I can add parsing of the each aircraft's
> RSS/atom feed, but will need to work on caching first. Currently I
> have been periodically fetching the above page and saving it as a
> static resource that is then referred to as requested. It should help
> those that are on slower connection or pay a high data rate for
> traffic. (Or those who are pressed for time. :-) )
>
> The url is http://fgfs.dyndns.info/aircraft.php I haven't linked it
> from the front page ofhttp://fgfs.dyndns.info as yet.
>
> Regards
>

> George
>
> > to officially publish your planes as part of the Flightgear project.
> >>
> >> 2.  Assuming the answers are no, yes, to #1, will all these repositories
> >> be centrally located so one can track new or modified ac of interest?
> >
> > If you do not wish to publish your planes under the conditions outlined
> > above, for instance because you don't want to use Gitorious or because
> > your plane is not GPL, then, so Thorsten, you will not be entitled to be
> > listed and tracked centrally (I personally don't agree with that).
> >
> > --
> > regards,
> > ManDay

Curtis Olson: