Ok here's the scenario..

I'm a kid and taken off in a 747 and need some real world kinda help to
land for teens...

Problem with FG is that it needs to "simulate a bit more".. and not be a
long winded things....

> snip
>
>  > ATC == chat.. we need to look at skype. android and speakers with text
>
> > sound..
>

> We alrady have fgcom - no need for skype since fgcom has integration with
> FG so that things like changing the freq. on the in sim com radio(s) causes
> fgcom to connect to a different channel and it also trys to simulate radio
> propagation. Is fgcom perfect? No it still needs work but it would be a lot
> of work to figure out how to get skype to do what fgcom already does and
> that same amount of effort could significantly improve fgcom. I don't see
> the point in moving to skype.

Indeed 1000% of above... agreed.. problem is that I want to control the
kids downstairs and do do that I can use any comms system I want.. eg
holding nose and saying in ATc voice.. down a toilet roll..
Turn left heading 295 .. decend and maintain 30 ft ,... etc..
At the end of the day its a VOIP server.. and is it peer to peer..
We need to get into the peer to peer and local networks more..
Make and easy install system and some sponshorship.. aas VOIP ==bandwidth
== Money at the end fo the day.. is reality..
Skype, Asterix and Goggle talk are various platform..which potentially we
can "link into"..
Maybe we can create a "FGCOM" virtual machine with amazon.. and others
international..

> There is alread some text to sound support using the festival text to
> speach engine. Festival works on a wide range of systems (Windows, Linux
> and Mac) although I don't know if it works on android. The text to speach
> support is primitive at best but I don't personnally think this is a big
> issue since IMHO the text chat feature in FG should be removed in favor of
> real voice communications via fgcom. After all few if any aircraft have
> text chat capabilities but almost all aircraft have com radios.

What the Sim missing at the moment is some real ATC...

We can create that with a STAR and SID patterns and is and ATC exersice..

Indeed the problem is that FG is all about the "pilots" and it actually
needs some "ATC" to make it more real..

Vatsim is a network, ivao is another.. Fg has all the "flight side" worked
out..

maybe we need some "zones of control".. both for the benefit of new pilots
who wanna fly.. and pilots who do international and long range nav et all..

Certainly chatting to a russian aircraft AN225 and quided into london with
a few smaller ones around tickles the OAT..

Whats the protocol anyway ??

love u all
pedro