Am 31.01.2012 19:28, schrieb Curtis Olson:
> However, in this case I'm actually trying to help someone with a small
> project.   There is a theory that if you present a message one word at a
> time, with each word flashing up in the same fixed location
 > [..]
That sounds really interesting. Yes, scanning the instruments consumes
some brain power if you learn to fly IFR. You are trained to scan the
instruments in a specific order. Presenting them in sequence - I have
never thought about that. I have to give it a try!

> I see (from git) that you are to blame for the liberation fonts in the
> data tree.  However, I can't find any info or docs referencing them or
> explaining how to use them.  Are they used anywhere?  Are they just
> there to look pretty?  Am I missing something obvious?  Or is larger
> fonts something beyond the capability of the gui and only something
> available for 2d/3d objects?
The liberation fonts are to be used with OSGText (check
$FGDATA/Docs/README.osgtext). With OSGText, the font is rendered by OSG
and you put text objects into the scenegraph just like any other 3d
object. You can attach it to the world, your aircraft or you screen
(which might be what you want).
The gui text you create in screen.nas is rendered by plib which - IIRC -
can only display texture fonts (*.txf?) and is somewhat limited in it's
capabilities. It should be able to deal with font sizes but they might
look ugly as these are pre-rendered to a specific resolution, just like
textures.

Hope this helps,,

Torsten