ThorstenB wrote:

> Every free, open source project is really driven by active community
> _participation_, [...]

I overly agree with the opinions presented by the two Thorsten's !
Aside from that I'd like to point out that I'm having mixed feelings
concerning the prominent use of the term "community".
According to my experience, those who are making the most frequent use
of this term are either contributing just feature requests or, if they
do _any_ real work, they are verbosely advertizing no "community"
projects but instead just their private sand castles.

What's a community ?  I might be wrong, but at least according to my
understanding a community is a group which is a) collaborating
(important !) towards b) a comon goal.  Now count the number of those
who are really contributing to a _common_ effort and compare that to
how affine these people are to the term "community" ....

Have fun,
        Martin.