Hi Martin,

> Actually this slider doesn't override anything, instead it's being
> overridden by the defaults.

It does override the custom settings, whenever the slider is touched. But just
setting
the property via commandline (or anything other than the dialog) was something
didn't think of (stupid mistake), so that doesn't overwrite anything, like you
experienced.

> As far as I can tell, that's still the case in the current state of
> GIT:

Somehow I forgot to fix it before the release. But I got a fix ready to be
shipped.
The only issue left is that I don't know where to put the required Nasal code.
It
used to be inside gui/dialogs/rendering.xml, but to check properties on startup
it needs to be executed whenever FlightGear is loaded.

For now I've placed it in Nasal/gui.nas, but maybe it's better to create a
seperate
effects.nas or shaders.nas? Because it doesn't only matter to the gui, but also
when
you just want to disable the shaders with a single property...

Advise is welcome!

Cheers,

Gijs