This is in fact my preferred solution.
- it does not break existing aircraft
- it keeps existing --enable-auto-coordination behavior
- it is configurable, even at runtime
- minimal code change

I have the patch ready and I'm about to commit it. While at it, I'd like
to move the involved properties out of "/sim/" to "/controls".
/sim is so very much unstructured and a melting pot for properties that
never found an appropriate location. And I think /controls just fits
better than "don't know where, so put it in /sim". Objections?
I'll take care of the wrightFlyer1903, the pa22, the waveXtreme150, the
Saitek X52 and the bintest protocol in FGDATA and adjust the names
accordingly.

Torsten