Hi YVes,

ys wrote:

> A lot of scenery will come with 850 airport data either, and this is
> still refused by the core developers [...]

Personally I don't like this sort of claims.

After reading the above statement, the 'innocent' observer might
understand that swapping the current "apt.dat" file out of the Base
Package in favour of a v8.50 (or even more recent) file would be little
more than just a formal act.  But that's plain wrong and does nothing
but raising false hopes.
Instead you'd be breaking numerous dependencies by swapping "apt.dat"
files, therefore your claim has a connotation which I consider as being
inappropriate and misleading.

In the past months (years) I've observed the topic of "how to organize
airport data" being covered with more different proposals than
available proponents, so far almost none of them having a reasonable
chance to survive in practical life, at least not for a coherent
Scenery.

I'd appreciate someone taking care of the topic in a manner which takes
the "bigger picure" into account.  I know you've started to do so, but,
as you already experienced, things tend to proceed a _lot_ slower than
you'd expect because there sooo much tedious detail-work to do.

Cheers,
        Martin.