Martin

Last week I set up a Linux partition and ran the Brisa script.

Twice I left it running overnight, but it failed both times after several
hours during the fgdata clone.

Eventually I just copied over all 15gb from my current windows fgdata
directory and did a git pull on this. That seems to have solved the problem
for me (although there may well be some Windows-Linux CRLF issues), but this
would of course not be a posible solution for a new user.

My Internet connection is ADSL2+ over copper, and the router reports the
current data rate as 6583 kbps, which is all I can get out here in the
middle of nowhere. Although not lightning fast, it is quite stable.

The reason I quoted 10 Gb is that my fgdate/.git/objects directory is
currently 8.9Gb, and I assumed that is what gets downloaded during a clone.
I bow to your wisdom if you say that it is "only" 4.9Gb.

The fact remains that I believe that the current fgdata is too large and is
not fit for purpose. The need to re-organise it exists now, as it did last
year. Perhaps you, or someone else,  could comment on that.

Regards

Alan