On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Martin Spott wrote:
> tong hui wrote:
>
>> I have compiled it successfully !
>
> That's great.  If I were you, I'd ping Stuart Buchanan to set our
> source repo up in a way so you can maintain the Chinese translation
> alongside with the English source (and other translations).

I've had a quick look, and unfortunately our current approach of using
the babel package and conditional lanuguage statements  doesn't look
 like it will work as babel doesn't support Chinese characters.

That's a shame, as the current scheme works well for the existing
languages and allows contributors to translate The Manual piece by
piece, leaving the remainder in English.

I'll take a more detailed look over the next week and see what I can come
up with.

-Stuart