Hi Thorsten,

Renk Thorsten wrote:
> FYI, I fixed the snowline problem for custom terrain half a year ago by
> passing camera altitude as uniform and computing absolute vertex altitude
> from camera altitude and the vertical difference. :-) The current point
> seemed to be that Mathias says we _should_ not rely on that even if we
> evidently can.

Maybe it would be better next time to ping some more people and notify them
about problems in the scenery toolchain. Emilian did it
(http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/detail?id=888)
and we fixed the bug, which means that your additional calculations are
unnecessary now for the official scenery anyway and for future builds as
well.

Chris