On 14 Dec 2012, at 16:09, Torsten Dreyer wrote:

> As I do not have the time to proof you wrong, you deserve the chance to
> proof me wrong! I'll shut up now and stop objecting against merging your
> code. I won't be able to merge it myself before we enter the feature
> freeze but probably someone with commit rights takes care of it.

However I still have code quality objections, unrelated to the performance of
the code! (And also unrelated to the accuracy of the simulation - I have no
problem with adding advanced computational systems so long as their optional,
which this is)

I will take a look next week at merging the changes locally and then seeing how
much re-structuring is needed to make me comfortable, but right now the lack of
object-orientated design and over/mis-use of properties is just not something I
want to add more of, to the codebase.

As I said to Adrian offline, I know there's plenty of code already checked in,
of a similar quality / design / pattern to his submission, but I'd like to set
a higher standard for new code than what we had previously.

James