Hi,

Once 2.10 has branched (i.e, in a month!) I'm going to make a consistency
change to a simulation variable: namely to change the body (UVW) accelerations
JSBsim exposes to FlightGear, to come from a slightly different source
(FGAccelerations::GetUVWdot instead of FGAccelerations::GetBodyAccelerations).

This is because the later includes gravity and some other terms (centripetal
acceleration, I'm guessing, but I'm not an expert) which the YASim equivalents
do not. I'm also going to expose the values via new properties under
/accelerations/body/foo-accel-fps_sec, for both JSBSim and YASim.

This will enable standard simulation of inertial acceleration based
instruments, which I want to play around with.

Because of the current discrepancy between JSBSim and YASim, the body
accelerations are currently *not* exposed in any standard location (JSBSim
exposes them in its private property tree), and code is avoiding using them:
for example: (from the multiplayer code!)

// accels, set that to zero for now.
 // Angular accelerations are missing from the interface anyway,
// linear accelerations are screwed up at least for JSBSim.
 // motionInfo.linearAccel = SG_FEET_TO_METER*SGVec3f(ifce.get_U_dot_body(),
ifce.get_V_dot_body(), ifce.get_W_dot_body());

The JSBSim values aren't screwed up, I think, just including other non-inertial
terms which YASim does not. Since it's the inertial accelerations I want to
sense in the instruments, that's why I will tweak the JSBSim<->FGFS interface
and not YASim.

Any comments or observations on this, please let me know. As I said it's all
only relevant for 2.12 - I won't make any changes until after we branch for
2.10.

James