On 19 Dec 2012, at 16:22, Curtis Olson wrote:

> Gyros:  /orientation/{p,q,r}-body
> Accelerometers: /accelerations/pilot/{x,y,z}-accel-fps_sec
>
> Both of these are expressed in the pilot/body frame of reference.  The
> accelerometer values include gravity.  I've used these to drive a 15 state
> kalman filter and observe good attitude estimate convergence for both yasim
> and jsbsim aircraft.

Right - but I think exposing the values without gravity added in is useful, and
the for the internal (C++) value, the Yasim one doesn't include gravity, so
neither should then JSBsim value (both FDMs compute both variants already!).
Then we could start exposing linear accelerations over MP (or a future MP
system) and make the prediction better. (And obviously that prediction won't
want to include gravitational terms)

BTW, is your Kalman filtering code available anywhere? It might be of interest
:)

James