On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Gijs de Rooy wrote:
> Just wondering, shouldn't we market it as "FlightGear 2.10"? The changelog
> is also valid for a bugfix release (2.10.1) and installer fixes (last time
> we had a 2.8.0.5 for Windows), so the "0" really makes no sense.

Good point. I'll do that.

>> 2) We normally highlight particularly exciting new and improved
>> aircraft, but I have struggled to keep up with the rapid pace of
>> development.
>
> Didn't the A-4 receive some extensive updating lately? :-)

It did, but it's still behind the quality of many other aircraft and I'm
not happy with the FDM yet, so I don't want to emphasize it too much.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM, James Turner wrote:
> - flight-path history on the map is nice, that's one of mine.
>
> - ThorstenB added the capability to save replay tapes to disk and load them,
> which allows nice tutorials to be created
>
> - MP dialog now has a dynamic server list, showing online servers only.
>
> - AITraffic takeoff and landings look more realistic visually, or rather no
> long look unrealistic :)
>
> - route-manager support for loading Navigraph procedures is more robust, but
> we also offer 'default' SIDs and approaches if the real procedure data is not
> installed. This generates a plausible straight in approach and terminal
> waypoints based on the route course, though it may put you into a mountain in
> hilly terrain.

Thanks for those.  For some reason I had completely forgotten about
the first two, despite having used both.

I'll get them added.

-Stuart