> > patch-1.9-8-xv.patch adds the x and v options for debugging.

> > patch-1.9-8-w.patch adds the w option, w standing for "Where to
> > Build"
> > patch-1.9-8-wxv.patch combines both changes.
>
> ..alongside those, I like to see _what_ I build|t _when_, so I
> auto-rename my logs, and I believe "-s" should build 2.10 now:
> arnt@celsius:~/FG-git$ ll download_and_compile-1.9-8a.patch \
> &&md5sum download_and_compile-1.9-8a.patch
> -rw-r--r-- 1 arnt arnt 1441 Feb 24 23:24
> download_and_compile-1.9-8a.patch
> a342d108f121322f076ef7de063ab1e4  download_and_compile-1.9-8a.patch
> arnt@celsius:~/FG-git$

how about two types of logging:
        1. Timestamped record of the start,finish and status of
           each run
        2. full log with logrotate feature

> > Anders made a suggestion on IRC I'm going to follow up on. " You can
> > have local git clones that share the same .git/* files via file
> > links"
>
> ..you feed 4 build trees from 1 git clone, how?
> A "du -sch $git-n-build-trees" on them all?

 I'm just learning how to work with git, one
baby step at a time.  I'm sure the suggestion is valid.  My
interpretation of it may not be.

>From what I'm reading its possible to have multiple source trees
working off one git repository.  You'd do the git operations as usual.
Again, I'm not sure how all this works but I'm learning.

Does anyone have a script for something like this for any application?

> > I think that means we could have several local clones of a single
> > local git repository.  The various local clones would support
> > building multiple branches and  versions, without having to sync
> > each clone independently with gitorious.
>
> ..you only do an e.g. "git branch 2.10 ;git checkout",
> and no "git pull"???

Its a good bet the usual git operations will apply.

Thanks
Pat

There's an old joke about a city guy asking a farmer how to get to a
nearby town.  The farmer looks at him with a straight face and replies
"You can't get there from here".  I'm the city guy.