> I liked Alex's screenshot, that requires some skill...

Actually, since I am using modified skids[1] for the bo105, it doesn't
require much skill.

To be able to land on smaller surfaces as the length of the skids, I've
added some more contact points between the original ones[2]. Which also
makes a landing on slightly bigger surfaces easier.
Drawback then was, the behaviour on ground regarding friction was even
worse. So I lifted the new contact points slightly and modified some of
their attributes, like compression and spring, so the skids do not
vanish into the smaller-as-the-skids surface.
However, I was not quite satisfied with the result, and therefore
hesitated to release a patch.

As soon as your patch is accepted, I am looking into this again, with
the goal to provide a patch.

[1] http://beggabaur.onpw.de/files/bo-skid-mod.jpg
[2] http://beggabaur.onpw.de/files/bo-skid-orig.jpg