I thought it'd be a nice idea to present one or two articles on the FG project
page about things to expect from the next release (3.0?). These would be
features which have appeared on GIT since 2.10 or are epected to appear before
the release. Consider the articles as advertisement material, so they should be
visual, exciting and be at the forefront of what FG can do.

I have flagged for the purpose

* tooltips and the gnome-themed new popup windows
* Heiko's devel version of the EC-135
* Stuarts work on AAR with new tanker planes
* improvements with regional textures and trees
* (my own stuff on weather, light and hires procedural texturing)
* (what about the linear texture work on roads and railways?)

If you know of anything else which makes good publicity and can be explained in
a picture and a paragraph of text, let me know or better let me have the
picture and paragraph of text (preferably by the end of the week).

* Thorsten