From: grtuxhangar team
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:08 PM
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Howto download aircraft ( and others data )
from Git

Thanks Saikrishna

.

Though my question was to Arnt remark.

By the way:
Working in a consistent way with FG source 2.99 wants FGData  without the
Aircraft directory ( we don't need it )

Isn't it possible to have an extract of FGData without Aircraft ?

All the best

Ahmad

On 3 September 2013 17:51, Saikrishna Arcot <saiarcot...@gmail.com> wrote:

  The answer was posted a while back. In the short term (immediately),
  the only ways to get the full fgdata bundle is to either use git or
  download the 5 GB bundle and update from that, both of which are not
  possible*. In the long term, according to James, the repo will be
  reorganized such that the sizes are smaller.

  *: Technically, a torrent download of the bundle would allow you pause
  and resume, so if there are cut-outs, you won't have to restart. That
  being said, downloading 5 GB on a phone line will take a long time (a
  week?).

  Saikrishna Arcot