On Friday, September 20, 2013 13:04:32 Stuart Buchanan wrote:

> If I implement a PagedLOD approach, it might reduce the memory
> footprint sufficiently that we could switch back to the OSG
> primitives.

I think one of the problems is that most of our objects have no concept of
different LOD's. If we had objects with say 3 LOD, it would ease memory and
graphics load. It should be possible to take an object and generate multiple
LOD's for it automatically, but I have almost no knowledge about 3D objects.
Might be worth checking it out.

Cheers,
Adrian