> Is this with the autopilot on?
>
> YAsim has a 'feature' such that when a wing gets in
> a negative aoa
> regime, it stalls *far* more quickly than in the
> positive aoa regime.

Amazing how questions get answered before they're
asked sometimes :)

I was seeing similar behaviour with the Cessna 182
this morning when using the KPM40 autopilot I'd
attached to it. I'd get very bad oscillations with the
Altitude hold set. Having read Curt's guide to
autopilots I was thinkin the problem was the
parameters I had set which caused the autopilot to
continually over-shoot the target rate of ascent, but
now I'm wondering whether I was seeing this instead...

-Stuart