On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:03:22 -0500, MPCEE wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I then went to the Debian  website, but found I need to know which
> architecture to use. However, I did download for AMD64 and it is
> sitting in  the Home Knoppix folder!  I have not touched any other
> packages as yet, as  this is all new territory now.

..this iron will do FG _just_ fine. ;o)  Knoppix is 32bit, so you don't
want this on your 64bit machine, and 32bit Knoppix needs 32bit FG
anyway.  32bit Knoppix will do fine for messing around to learn both
CNU/Linux and FG, but you wanna put 64bit code on it, and I see that
some of the ATI (64bit???) hardware is not yet recognised.

..I want you to try " knoppix Xmodule=radeon " on your next boot.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: