From: "Vivian Meazza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'FlightGear user discussions'" <flightgear-users@flightgear.org>
Subject: RE: [Flightgear-users] Carrier Deck (v098a)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:09:24 -0000

dene maxwell

> Hi guys,
>
> I placed Nimitz (v098a) in my local harbour (Wellington, New Zealand) at
> -41.246433 LAT, 174.886783 LONG, heading 198. The took off from NZWN on
> runway 34.
>
> Very enjoyable flight except the deck of the Nimitz under FGv098a doesn't
> seem solid. Was only using the Cessna 172P does this make a difference?
>
> encourage you to try this scenario... see a bit of New Zealand too...LOL.
>
> Cheers
> Dene
>

> >From: Georg Vollnhals <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: FlightGear user discussions <flightgear-users@flightgear.org>
> >Subject: Re: [Flightgear-users] Re: carriers
> >Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:19:25 +0100
> >
> >MPCEE French Bureau schrieb:
> >
> >>Hello Georg:
> >>
> >>Thank you for this offer and, yes, I would like to be able to use it. As
> >>for
> >>no response, It was more like not understanding.
> >>
> >Martin, I have to excuse for my very bad English, *you* were not meant
> with
> >this as we always worked good together and solved your problems :-)
> >It was more a general problem with offers to the user public, forget
> about
> >
> >>..
> >>
> >>Can I place the Nimitz in European waters?
> >>

> >Yes, I placed it near Bremerhaven (EDWB) though it might be a little
> narrow
> >for such a big ship:
> >
> >http://home.arcor.de/vollnhals-bremen/Martin/FGSnSh120001.jpg
> >
> >(and I ruined the engines of the BO105 when taking this snapshot as I
> >overtorqued them to get quick into the right position :-/ )
> >You may place the carrier anywhere you like it:
> >
> >This is a cut out of niemitz_demo.xml with the *Lat/Lon* of Bremerhaven
> and
> >the right *heading*:
> >  ...   <solid>Elevator-3-Deck</solid>
> >        <solid>Elevator-4-Deck</solid>
> >        <latitude>53.57</latitude>
> >        <longitude>8.48</longitude>
> >        <speed>10</speed>
> >        <heading>300</heading>
> >        <rudder>0</rudder>
> >        <turn-radius-ft>4000</turn-radius-ft>
> >        <flols-pos>
> >Under Windows you should edit the XML file with right-mouse-click-> open
> >with -> "word pad mfc" if you don't have a xml-editor. Search for
> ><latitude> ... and edit the numbers. It is easy.
> >But as already mentioned you have to prepare the preferences.xml file,
> see
> >the other mails you have got from helpful souls.
> >
> >More to come this late evening.
> >Regards
> >Georg

The solid carrier deck was not and is still not implemented for JBSim
Models. It should work for YASim models.

Why on earth are you still using that old version - upgrades are totally
free, and as far as I know work (albeit with some bugs and limitations) on
all systems.

Vivian

Old version? of what? Plane? FG or both?....

FGv099 won't work on my system (win 98Me/GF2 MX)...have posted a few times but still waiting for some assistance..
Limited to 098a until someone can help me.

172P, good solid AC that flys well ...what's the difference(JBSim/YASim)? I take it YASim is newer, more bells & whistles and encounters a solid flight deck!!! LOL...

what's your recommendation for a low altitude, low speed AC?

The Piper Cub ain't bad either!!! ( Fly pasts only so far)

Dene