Proto 0 is actually a valid IP proto number though I've never really seen it
used, especially not in large quantity (It's Hop by Hop IPv6 Option).

Vladimir, can you elaborate on the dropped flow indicator? I'm curious.
Flows that are sent to Null0 or otherwise do not leave the router due to no
valid route will usually have a egress IF set to null and a nexthop of null
but I don't think I've seen Proto set to zero yet.

On 9/1/05 4:47 AM, "Vladimir Kotal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 1.9.2005, at 2:08, Michael Bellears wrote:
>
>> 19 of last month, one of our clients data usage reported unusual
>> results
>> (Large Protocol 0 ingress traffic):
>>

> I belive protocol 0 in Netflow packets indicate flows that were dropped
> by originating router (correct me if I am wrong).
>

> v.

Adam  Powers
Director of Technology
Lancope, Inc.