>> > Is it possible not to have a context? I don't see how it could be.
>> > "Contextualization" would only be making the context explicit. In this
>case,
>> > analyzing and stating motives.
>>
>> Well, that is what "contextualisation" meens. But I think, we must be
>> grown up enough, to take things for themselves.

Part of what your post was, was the intentions or motivation behind it. To
assert that the email was a thing wholly unto itself is clearly false. It
exists in a context and cannot exist without the context. For example, it is
written in the English language. You cannot understand it without having
that context (the linguistic community of English speakers).

Like the pissoir in the
>> museum. Did Duchamps, well, I am in another league ;-), make
>> context "explicit" ?

Does any artist make the context explicit? Well, yes ... Haacke, for one.
Buren has criticized Duchamp precisely on this point.

>> Please wake up.

Thank you.

George